Educator | Facilitator
Training and Development
Dr Buxton‘s facilitation and training experience is significant with nearly thirty years of facilitating groups and running training workshops around the world.
Experience includes working in the tertiary education sector as a lecturer (and/or curriculum developer) for the Design and Creative Technologies Faculty of AUT University (Colab) (2011 – 2017), Media Design School (2015) and Manukau Institute of Technology School of Business (2008 – 2011).
In addition, she has guest lectured, ran workshops and spoke at conferences at Massey University, Waikato University and RMIT University Melbourne. She has also served on NZQA Accreditation Panels and on Learning Advisory Committees (NorthTec, NZ).
Due to her unique expertise in creative technologies and various place-based practices she has been a speaker at numerous events including a keynote speaker at conferences.
Subject areas include creative technologies, site-specific practice, community development, 21st-century placemaking, transdisciplinary practice’ organisational development; 21st-century business; entrepreneurship and innovation; sustainable development; participatory research methods, collaboration, the spirit of place, community applications of emerging technology – especially geo-locative and augmented reality applications; immersive storytelling; immersive and emerging trends in branding and digital social innovation.
- 2011 -2015: PhD – Creative Technologies, Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies, AUT University, Auckland NZ
- 2005-2007: MSc Organisational Development and Consultancy (Distinction) Sheffield Business School, UK (Class Prize for Academic Excellence)
- 1989 – 1992: Bachelor of Arts – Education & Political Studies – University of Auckland, New Zealand
Awards and Scholarships
- 2015: Deans Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research. Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies, AUT
- 2015: Fulbright Travel Award, Fulbright Foundation NZ
- 2012-2013: Colab Scholarship, AUT University
- 2011: Interdisciplinary Unit Scholarship, Colab, AUT University
Cross-Disciplinary Conferences and Networks
Co- instigating and leading the Creative Technology Northland Network (with Matt Keene of Mahuta Digital). A large network of disparate professionals working in the digital and creative technology professions and practices.
Also o-designing and co-facilitating cross-disciplinary conferences such as