For thirty years Dr Buxton has worked globally to support a range of people, organisations and projects in the environmental, social and political spheres. This includes projects with ecovillages in West Africa and Latin America, social enterprises and spiritual communities in Scotland, climate change and environmental sustainability initiatives in Beijing and Singapore, and large political and corporate institutions across Europe.
Her consulting practice includes strategic facilitation, change management, project management, leadership coaching and writing (funding, policy, strategic planning). She is at her best wrangling complex information and systems and helping people and their organisations move out of stuck situations.
She uses a range of tools and techniques including NLP, collaborative design approaches and process analysis to
- coach leaders to make decisions that matter
- facilitate processes that achieve constructive outcomes
- support people and their places to identify or refresh their brand
- identify underlying issues in people, companies, communities and groups in ways that make them easy to see and to solve
- manage complex change, visioning and research projects that involve weaving together stories, information, writing and presentation
- Building organisational resilience (strategically and operationally) within an indigenous cultural centre in Northland, New Zealand (Hihiaua Cultural Centre)
- Increasing the capacity of new employees to engage effectively with difference and complexity within workshops held in European Institutions and Agencies – Belgium, Italy and Germany
- Building a Creative and Innovative Learning guide (and community Wiki) focussed on improving local sustainability education and awareness Waitakere City Council (Auckland, NZ)
- Raising community spirit, and increased organisational cohesion, in a start-up European Commission agency. (ENISA, Greece)
- Co-developing a holistic communication and branding strategy for a world-renowned spiritual and environmental education centre (Findhorn Foundation, Findhorn, Scotland)
- Strengthening strategic planning within rural African eco-villages (Centre for Resources for the Emergence of Social Participation – CRESP, Senegal, West Africa)
- Generating a sense of shared identity within an ecologically- focussed rural community (Huehuecoyotl Eco-Village, Tepotzlan, Mexico).
- Increasing shared ownership and participation in a multi-partnered eco-tourism venture (United Nations Development Fund (UNDP)/Kartong Village Southern Gambia, West Africa)
- Achieving Investors in People accreditation and New Economics Foundation/REAP Social Audit using participatory research techniques (Phoenix Community Stores/Ekopia, Scotland)